The New ATI Radeon HD 4800 Graphics Card
AMD's ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series with Edge-Detect Custom Filtering AA
There is a lot to talk about when reviewing AMD’s ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card. With the addition of a new Custom Filtering AA technology, AMD have brought the “power of graphics super computing to gamers,” setting a new standard in visual computing with break though technology that doesn’t compromise performance.
The new ATI HD 4800 boasts more than twice the power of previous generation AMD graphics cards, allowing the user to take HD gaming to the extreme.
So how does the HD 4800 manage its super powerful processing? With a new TeraScale graphics engine, combined with one teraflops of power, 800 stream processors and a next gen’ GDDR5 memory, AMD’s new HD 4800 is able to propel you deep into a new world of gameplay with seamless frame rates and high resolutions.
One of the key features behind the ATI HD 4800’s high quality graphics is the inclusion of a new Edge-detect Custom Filtering AntiAliasing (CFAA). Previous generations of Edge-detecting filters taxed memory bandwidth, and previous support filters “Narrow-Tent” and “Wide-Tent,” actually had a negative impact on the overall image quality. With a new Edge-detect filter, the ATI HD 4800 is able to increase sample rates to produce better moving images without blurring.
Not only can the ATI HD 4800 play Blu-ray movies and HD content with incredible visual fidelity, it can actually upscale HD resolutions above the highest quality 1080p, and with AMD’s new break-through platform-independent intelligent power management, the ATI HD 4800 does all of this whilst using less power then ever before.
With all these top-notch specifications and break through technologies, the ATI HD 4800 is able to deliver the freedom and flexibility to edit videos quickly, converting raw data to H.264 and MPEG-2 formats around 1.8x faster than real-time.
As you would expect from a top-of-the-range graphics card, the ATI Radeon HD 4800 comes with support for all next gen technologies, including support for all the latest audio visual interconnects, DirectX 10.1 and scalable CrossFireX.
Here is a quick list of AMD’s ATI Radeon HD 4800:
- TeraScale Graphics Engine – The new TeraScale graphics engine features over one teraFLOPS, nearly one billion transistors and 800 stream processors so you can enjoy the high resolutions and fast frame rates previously only available with dual-card systems.
- Advanced Memory – GDDR5 memory provides twice the bandwidth per pin of GDDR3.
- Enhanced Anti-Aliasing & Anisotropic Filtering – High performance anisotropic filtering and 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) smooth jagged edges and create true-to-life graphics, for everything from grass to facial features.
- DirectX® 10.1 – Play today while preparing for tomorrow with state-of-the-art DirectX 10.1 graphics capabilities.
- ATI CrossFireX™ Technology – ATI CrossFireX™ technology with up to quad GPU support offers superior scalability so your system is ready to level up when you are.
- PCI Express 2.0 – Support for PCI Express 2.0 will prepare you for bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications.
- Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2) – UVD 2 frees up your CPU for other tasks so you get The Ultimate Visual Experience™ for even the most processing-intensive content, including VC-1, H.264 and now MPEG-2. Also, take full advantage of Blu-ray functionality with dual-stream, picture in picture (PIP) capabilities.
- Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT) – AVT allows you to convert videos to H.264 and MPEG-2 formats up to 19x faster than when using a just CPU.3 Full 1080p files can be converted to H.264 and MPEG-2 up to 1.8x faster than real-time.3(This may vary depending on your system configuration and video formats. Using an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz based PC, AMD was able to achieve GPU accelerated transcoding speeds up to 19x faster using Cyberlink PowerDirector than when using the same CPU alone with MainConcept encoder in Adobe Premiere CS3. Using the same system, full 1080p files were converted 1.8x faster than real-time.)
- Upscale Beyond 1080p – Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies or other HD content at full 1080p display resolution and beyond. HD capable monitor required).
- Enhanced DVD Upscaling – Watch standard DVD movies in near high-definition quality with DVD upscaling. The GPU uses post processing algorithms to enhance standard and low resolution videos and movies on your HD display.
- Dynamic Contrast – Dynamic Contrast automatically adjusts the contrast and brightness during scenes to consistently deliver a crisp, vibrant picture.
- HDMI – Enjoy the latest audio technologies using HDMI with 7.1 digital surround sound support. Also, xvYCC support allows the user to enjoy a wider range of color when connected to a capable HDTV.
- Dynamic Power Management – ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series graphics cards deliver high performance when needed and conserve power when the demand on the graphics processor is low.
- More Performance Per Watt – ATI Radeon HD 4800 series delivers up to 2x the performance per watt of AMD’s previous generation GPUs.
:: :: ::
- Unavailable, please contact us for more information.