Newest Hot Gaming Titles
The best new releases for Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Wii and PC...
In the months surrounding New Year, several long-awaited gaming titles hit the stores, and after Novembers release of Modern Warfare 2: Call of Duty, and Left For Dead 2, the competition for Xmas and New Year sales was certainly stiff.
But as January roles to an end, the release of top gaming titles hasn’t stopped, they just keep coming. Most of these titles listed below are now available from 800HighTech.com. All 800HighTech customers can pre-order any forthcoming game, and we’ll ship it out to you on the day of release.
Here’s our pick of the best new releases…
Modern Warfare 2: Call Of Duty
- Developer: Infinity Ward.
- Console: Xbox 360, PS3, PC.
- Release Date: 11/10/2009.
Modern Warfare 2: Call Of Duty
The most anticipated game of the year and the sequel to the best-selling first-person action game of all time, Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse. The newest installment in the groundbreaking Call of Duty series, Modern Warfare 2 features for the first time in video games, the musical soundtrack of legendary Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Grammy Award and
Tony-winning composer Hans Zimmer. The title picks up immediately following the historic events of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the blockbuster title that earned worldwide critical acclaim, including 14 million copies sold worldwide, “Most Played Online Video Game” in history according to the 2009 Guinness Book of World Records, and more than 50 Game of the Year awards, including the Console Game of the Year and Overall Game of the Year 2007 from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.
- Epic single-player campaign: The epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Special Ops cooperative: Enjoy an entirely new gameplay mode supporting two-player cooperative play via online or split screen, unique from the single-player story campaign. Special Ops pits players into a gauntlet of time trial and objective-based missions. Rank up as you unlock new Special Ops missions, each progressively more difficult. Missions include highlights from the single-player campaign, fan favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and all-new, exclusive missions.
- Multiplayer reinvented: Setting a new bar for online multiplayer, Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer delivers new enhancements including customizable killstreaks, accolades (post-match reports), an an evolved Create-A-Class system including new equipment, secondary weapons, riot shields, perk upgrades, and bling (dual attachments).
Modern Warfare 2: Call Of Duty Trailer
Modern Warfare 2: Call Of Duty Review
Left 4 Dead 2
- Developer: Valve Corporation.
- Platforms: Xbox 360, PC.
- Release Date: 11/17/2009.
Left 4 Dead 2
The sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-operative multiplayer smash from Valve, Left 4 Dead 2 promises to become one of 2009’s top-selling games and set a new benchmark for co-operative action games. Left 4 Dead 2 takes place at roughly the same time as the original, and leads four new “Survivors” through the southeastern region of the U.S., from Savannah, Georgia to New Orleans’ French Quarter. The game adds melee combat, new monsters and weapons, the AI Director 2.0 advanced technology, and more to create a much larger game than the original.
- Melee combat: Fight with unique items such as chainsaw, frying pan, axe, baseball bat, and more.
- New experiences: With new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items, Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original with more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, maps for Survival mode, and more.
Left 4 Dead 2 Trailer
Left 4 Dead 2 Preview
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
- Developer: Konami.
- Platforms: Wii, PS2, PSP.
- Release Date: Wii – 8th Dec Wii, 2009; PS2 and PSP – 19th Jan, 2010.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
The story follows Harry Mason, who wakes up after a car accident to find that his daughter Cheryl is missing. Harry will wander the snowy streets of Silent Hill searching for answers of her disappearance, but when the world freezes over, he will need to escape the lumbering demons that haunt his steps. Harry will need to navigate both worlds to discover the truth; not just about his missing daughter, but also the type of person he actually is.
Silent Hill’s debut on the Wii makes the fear more real than ever before. Players will be drawn into the mysterious town using the Wii Remote as a flashlight and a cellphone as they search for clues. Choices they make will shape Harry Mason, as well as the people he meets and the places he visits. The enemies evolve as well, taking the form of the player’s deepest fears. Silent Hill promises to be more terrifying than ever, bringing the fear to Wii, PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, and PSP (PlayStationPortable) system.
- A re-imagining of the original Silent Hill that turns everything you thought you knew on its head.
- The game watches you and adapts to your actions to create a unique experience to each player and intensify their fears.
- Implementation of a cell phone as the user interface, which acts as a story telling device, map, puzzle helper, and camera that provides seamless flow with no interruption in gameplay.
- New nightmare sequence focus on escape and evasion rather than direct confrontation.
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories will feature an all-new soundtrack by acclaimed series composer Akira Yamaoka.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Walk-Through
Medal of Honor (Forthcoming)
- Developers: EA Games.
- Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360.
- Release Date: Sep 30, 2010.
Medal of Honor
Over 2 million soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines wear the uniform. Of those, approximately 50 thousand fall under the direct control of the Special Operations Command. Of these, a relatively unknown entity of handpicked warriors is called on when the mission must not fail. They are the Tier 1 Operators. The Tier 1 Operator functions on a plane of existence above and beyond even the most highly trained Special Operations Forces. Their exact numbers, while classified, hover in the low hundreds. They are living, breathing, precision instruments of war. They are experts in the application of violence. The new Medal of Honor is inspired by and has been developed with Tier 1 Operators from this elite community. Step into the boots of these warriors and apply their unique skill sets to a new enemy in the most unforgiving and hostile battlefield conditions of present day Afghanistan.
There is a new enemy. There is a new war. There is a new warrior. He is Tier 1. This is Medal of Honor.
- New theater of war: For the first time in the franchise’s ten-year history, Medal of Honor moves from the WWII theater to war-torn Afghanistan.
- New soldier: The Tier 1 Operators are the best of the best. They handle the missions no one else can manage, with their superior will, mindset, and uncompromising professionalism.
- Best-in-class single-player and multiplayer: The development team at EALA has been hand-selected to create the best single-player gaming exeprience, and to complement that, EALA has enlisted the mutliplayer expertise of EA DICE to deliver a world-class game to re-set and reboot the franchise for a new generation.
Medal Of Honor Trailer
- Unavailable, please contact us for more information.