Enlarge Firefox For Living Room Viewing
View Firefox more clearly from 10ft away, with this simple tweak…
Set-top boxes, media centers and TV’s with built-in Internet capabilities are bringing the worldwide web to comfort of your living room. And although many of these devices offer great GUI solutions and remote controls to make surfing from your sofa easier, viewing standard web pages remain difficult to see from a distance.
Luckily there are a couple of tweaks you can employ to maximize your Firefox browsing. First up, a super simple solution many of you will have already come across is to hold Ctrl and scroll up with mouse wheel. This will ‘zoom’ in on the whole web page, making the text bigger and easier to read.
Enlarged Firefox For HDTV Browsing
If you’re looking for a more permanent solution, the guys over at Gizmodo came up with this great tweak to enlarger your Firefox browser for HDTV living room viewing.
- First go to http://www.applemediacenter.com/downloads/Firefox10FootCouchMode.zip and download the userchrome.css
- Place the ‘userchrome.css’ in the following folder:
- [Mac]~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/[profile-name]/chrome/
- [Win] %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
Windows Users Note: %APPDATA% is a variable that represents the C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data folder on Windows 2000/XP and the C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming folder on Windows Vista/7. Both of these folders are hidden by default.
An easy to find this folder would be to click the Start menu > Run
Then type %APPDATA% and hit OK
The choose Mozilla > Firefox > Profiles
- Next install the No Squint plug-in here http://urandom.ca/nosquint/
- Set the No Squint ‘Default full page zoom level’ to 150%
- Finally install a theme that supports the increased text size. Hexxya is a good one.
Now you’re Firefox browser will be maximized for optimal viewing from a distance of up to 10 ft. Enjoy.
- Unavailable, please contact us for more information.