Sony PlayStation Move Release Date
Sony officially set a release date, and show off games for its new motion controller, the PlayStation Move…
Just as expected, Sony has announced an official release date for its PlayStation Move motion controller during a demo at the recent E3 gaming expo, Los Angles.
Sony PlayStation Move
The PlayStation Move uses its ‘Move’ controllers coupled with the PlayStation ‘Eye’ camera to track body movements enabling gesture controlled game play similar to Nintendo’s Wii.
The PlayStation Move will be available from September 15th in Europe, and the 19th in North America. The PlayStation Eye, Move and the game will cost $99.99, while the Move controller itself will set you back $49.99, and the optional navigation controller is $29.99. If you don’t already own a PS3, there will be a complete bundle available for $399.
In the press release Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) Worldwide Studios said it would “release more than 20 titles that are either dedicated to or supported with PlayStation Move Platform,” by March next year.
PlayStation Move exclusive titles will be priced at $40 and Sony expects to have 15 to 20 games ready for launch. Games with Move support will include:
- Sorcery: The player becomes a wizard who must cast his list of spells through gestures.
- Heroes on the Move: A platform game with six classic characters including Ratchet, Jak, Sly Cooper, Bentley, Clank, and Daxter.
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11: Move compatible version of the popular Tiger Woods PGA Tour.
- The Fight: A bare-knuckled beat-em up similar to boxing on the Wii.
- Killzone 3: Killzone 3 will ship with PlayStation Move support in February 2011, in 3D too.
- MLB 10: The Show: Not many details on this but Sony are promising a Move compatible MLB game.
- Start the Party: A collection of minigames.
- EyePet: A revamped version of a virtual pet.
- Sports Champions: Like Wii Sports but with a gladiator.
Other titles mentioned that will have PlayStation Move compatibility include R.U.S.E., Resident Evil 5, Time Crisis: Razing Storm, NBA 2K11, Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest ,Echochrome 2, and Kung Fu Rider.
Sony PlayStation Move Charging Station
The PlayStation Move controller will also support two peripherals to further ‘enhance the PS Move experience,’ the PlayStation Move Charging Station and the PlayStation Move shooting attachment. From the Sony press release:
Charging Station –‘ By utilizing the charging station, users will be able to charge up to two PlayStation Move controllers, motion controller or the navigation controller, at once without having to connect them to the PS3 system. The Charging Station will cost euro 29.99, US$29.99 and 2,480 yen (including tax), respectively.’
Shooting Attachment – ‘The shooting attachment, designed to place the PlayStation Move motion controller horizontally, will allow players to hold the motion controller as if they are holding a gun and to easily aim at an in-game target. The trigger on the attachment is interlocked with the motion controller T button and will enable users to intuitively play the game, not only limited to shooting games but also on games that may require precise button input and control. The Shooting Attachment will cost euro 14.99, US$19.99 and 1,480 yen (including tax), respectively.’
Sony promises to continue work with support from third party developers and publishers, “to further enhance the software title line-up to offer high-definition motion-based gaming experience only available on the PS3 platform.”
- Unavailable, please contact us for more information.