Military Grade Industrial Keyboard
When you need an industrial strength keyboard, you need the Stealth KYBX-400…
Computers and electronics are notorious for their susceptibility to damage in harsh conditions. For many devices, a simple impromptu downpour can be all it takes to fry the delicate circuitry inside – not so for the Stealth KYBX-400 series of industrial strength computer keyboards.
Designed primarily for military use in harsh conditions, the Steath KYBX-400 promises to withstand the harshest ‘wet, dry and dirty environments.’
Stealth KYBX-400 Industrial Keyboard
Although the keyboard is somewhat reminiscent of the gadgetry featuring in classic 90’s Sci-Fi flicks, the specifications are certainly more modern-day.
The Stealth KYBX-400 features 71 full-travel keys with silent tactile feedback for a stealthy data-inputting experience. The keys also feature NVIS-compliant red adjustable backlighting making the device ideal for ‘military, aviation or vehicle applications night vision goggles are worn.’
NVIS-Compliant Red Adjustable Backlighting
The 38mm built-in optical trackball has a precision resolution of 800DPI and is also environmentally sealed to NEMA 4, 4X, IP65 specifications.
With all these specifications under its hood, the Stealth KYBX-400 is a device that deserves is ‘rugged’ label.
‘Stealth.Com is an ISO 9001 recognized industry leader in the development of specialized computers and peripherals for industrial and commercial markets.’
Stealth KYBX-400 Technical Specifications
- Environmentally Sealed NEMA 4, 4X, IP65
- Rugged Stainless Steel, Vandal Resistant
- NVIS-compliant Red Adjustable Backlighting
- Built-in 800DPI Sealed Optical Trackball
- 10 Million Actuations Expected life
- 71 Full Travel, Tactile Laser Etched Keys
- Includes 5.75′ USB cable
- Panelmount version also available.
- Dimensions:(W-H-D): 14.96″ x 5.31″ x 1.41″ (380.0mm x 135mm x 36mm)
- Stealth.com Via Joel Johnson: Sure, I'd Love a $700 Stainless Steel Stealth Military Keyboard, Gizmodo 08/01/2010.